You Can Ease Into Selfcare!!
FINDING TIME FOR SELFCARE IS POSSIBLE.
We often shy away from self-care, because we think we don't have the time or too busy. One of the most important things I have learned is that if you don’t make time for self-care, you will need to make time to be sick, anxious, and unhappy.
Taking care of yourself isn’t a luxury, it is a necessity.
If you don’t think you have time for rest, fun, movement, creativity, spiritual connection, stress relief or other forms of self-care, I’d like to challenge you to think about selfcare differently. Rather than seeing self-care as a set of separate activities, approach it as a lifestyle.
As you go through your day, consciously think about whether what you are doing makes you happy, sad or angry, energizes or exhausts you, and enhances or takes away from your self-worth. Be mindful and present, think before you act and speak and process the results of your activities.
Listening to ourselves and our intuition can be frightening because it often means change. Change can feel overwhelming, unattainable, and even impossible, especially if we think we must accomplish it overnight.
All or nothing thinking is a form of perfectionism, believing that if we cannot do something perfectly, we should not do it at all. We need to get out of our own way.
Take it one day at a time and make small attainable changes and listen to your body and metal clarity.
These are a few examples of easing into self-care:
- Set aside one or two hours a week to go to a class for fun or to learn a new skill
- Making a commitment to walk for 15 minutes every other day
- Going to bed ½ hour earlier at night or waking up ½ hour earlier to have some time to yourself.
- Create a sanctuary or a special area in you home to relax and reflect.
- Cut down on screen time by 20 min and create a special me time and use your goodies we provide in our subscriptions.
- Wait 24 hours before texting or calling back people who drain your energy. You don’t need to offer an excuse
- Stop doing one thing for your children/family that they can do for themselves.
What will you start with. I know you are clear on where you need to start. You can also start easing into selfcare with the monthly selfcare boxes as they provide your well deserved me-time.
Love 180 degree Selfcare Box